People come to Shine with important questions about their financial lives. Some of these might relate to your personal situation.
We engage in meaningful conversations around very basic and powerful life changes like the passing of a spouse, divorce, remarriage, or the birth of a child.
- What’s the best way to navigate the passing of a spouse, divorce, remarriage, the birth of a child, a child in college? How do can I know I’m making the right choices in these life-altering circumstances?
People ask us how to invest in today’s volatile investment environment and sort out the noise in today’s 24-hour financial news cycle.
- Can you create a mix of investments that provides the returns I need, but doesn’t scare me so much when the markets get choppy that I can’t sleep at night? Do I have the resources to retire early? How much do I need to save?
- Can you help me figure out what matters to my long-term well-being? What headlines should I be worried about and what can I ignore?
Many seek our guidance on tax-related matters
- Should I be considering Roth conversions? Can you help me set up an individual retirement plan for my business? What are my deferred compensation options and opportunities?
An increasing number of people are evaluating a 30-year retirement time frame.
- How much do we need to save each year to eventually be financially independent? …and… How should we best balance spending on things we want to enjoy today and saving for longer term goals like college for our kids and our own retirement?
- Now that I’m no longer earning income, how will my investments make up the shortfall between what I spend and what I get from Social Security each month?How much can I spend each year without running out of money?
- When do I start taking money from my IRA? Should I spend down my other accounts first? Can you help us maintain our desired level of income amidst changing market conditions, political environments, and personal circumstances?
We talk with individuals, particularly executives, who have a significant part of their investment portfolio concentrated in single stocks.
- What’s the best strategy to reduce the risk of relying on one company for my future financial health?
- Can you help me create a schedule that will maximize my workplace benefits?
Just about everybody needs an objective, unbiased review of insurance coverage and areas of exposure without the influence of a product to sell.
- Would my family be financially secure if something unexpected happened to me?
Other important conversations revolve around trusts and tax-efficient strategies for estate planning, but conversations often go to a deeper level.
- How can I ensure that the assets that pass on to my children and heirs reflect my values and priorities? Can you help our blended family find a way to fairly arrange our resources?
- How much can I afford to give to charity and still be in good shape for my own retirement? …or… How can I structure my estate to leave a family legacy?
People hire us to make sense out of the complexities they face. Our conversations with you will be about your unique circumstances, addressing your own questions, which may or may not relate to the questions we’ve been answering for people like you for more than 25 years.
Bring us your challenges. We’ll provide a safe environment to talk them over, and together, we will find workable solutions.